PressReader is committed to providing all our users with a fully web accessible experience for research, teaching and learning.
At PressReader, we make every effort to ensure that our web platform can be used by everyone. PressReader Accessibility Mode is fully compliant to meet Level AA of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
Accessibility features and gaps
Users of PressReader Website, in Accessibility Mode should be able to:
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard,
- go directly to main content areas on the page using skip links,
- listen to most of the PressReader content using a screen reader,
- navigate the entire PressReader Accessibility Mode using speech recognition software,
- zoom in up to 400% using browser tools without text spilling off screen,
- search for keywords or publications,
- navigate on publications menu,
- read publications on article mode.
There may be some parts of this website that are not fully accessible:
- Pageview, or replica view, is not readable by screen readers,
- publications in languages, or alphabet characters, that are not supported are not available in text view, and therefore, not readable by screen readers,
- videos inserted into publications by publishers do not contain captions,
- purchase windows and My Account pages can be accessed but tabs and screen readers may not read the text properly,
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard,
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader,
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page.
If you have a disability and need to make your computer, tablet or other device easier to use, AbilityNet is a recommended resource. We also recommend browsing free add-ons offered for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
Technical Information about this site’s accessibility
PressReader is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with Level AA of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
Accessibility of this platform
The accessibility of the PressReader website is a continual effort at PressReader. Accessibility standards are built into our design, and style guides and included as part of requirements in our website development and quality assurance pipeline.
PressReader website code is checked for accessibility using a range of automated and manual checks including but not limited to:
- Color Contrast Analyzer provided by WebAIM
- Deque aXe accessibility testing tool
- High Contrast Chrome extension
- Keyboard-access manual testing and assessment
- WAVE (Web Accessibility Evaluation tool) provided by WebAIM
- NVDA with Windows
- VoiceOver with Mac
The PressReader website is tested on the latest version Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and Edge, and on devices including Mac and Windows computers, and Android and iOS devices.
What We’re Doing to Improve Accessibility
Making content accessible is an ongoing effort at PressReader. We’re committed to working with the community to ensure we continue to meet our customers’ needs. A list of our ongoing efforts include:
- Testing with users of all abilities
- Pursuing partnerships with libraries, colleges, universities and other institutions to assist us in reviewing and updating our accessibility standards
- Supporting certifications for our employees
- Consulting with, and performing audits through, accessibility experts such as Accessibility Web
Support and feedback
If you have difficulty accessing specific content or features with adaptive technology after trying the workarounds suggested in this statement, you can contact us using the links provided below. Our support services will respond within 48 hours, and are available to accommodate the communication needs of end users with disabilities. We will work with you to identify the best option for remediation, subject to content licensing restrictions and technical capability.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This accessibility statement was prepared on August 15th, 2020. It was last reviewed on December 3rd, 2020.
The website was last tested on November 25th , 2020. The test was carried out internally at PressReader and externally by WebAIM.