Whether you’re new to PressReader or you’ve been a fan for years, you’re going to love our latest app. Not only does it offer the largest selection of full-content publications in one place, it’s full of interactive features to engage and delight news lovers, regardless of age, nationality, language or reading preferences.
Check out these tips for enhancing your reading and sharing enjoyment, and discover why PressReader is the go-to news source for so many readers.
The new Home Feed: Free news never looked so good!
Tired of searching online for the latest news and jumping from one website to another only to discover that the site requires you to register to read the article, or even worse, pay for it?
PressReader’s free unlimited home feed provides an endless stream of full-content articles tailored just for you, based on your interests, location and language preferences.
Expand articles in place to read the full story without ever being asked to pay
- Tap on the green arrow at the bottom of the article snippet and the entire story will appear in your feed right where you’re reading. No pop ups and no jumping around. Pretty slick!
- Set up My Topics from the main navigation menu in the top left. My Topics alert you when articles appear that match your keywords, so you never miss a news story that matters to you. Tap on your topics to read the latest stories.
Connect and engage with other readers through the news
- Share your thoughts by supporting or opposing a story, adding your comments or replying to comments from others
Tap on the comment icon at the end of an article to read or make a comment.
Choose to support or oppose a story by tapping on the thumbs up or down icon, fill in the comment box and hit Post.
Forgot to say something or changed your mind? No problem. Just tap on your comment to edit or delete it.
Tapping on another reader’s comment will allow you to reply and start a conversation.
- Share articles through email and social media, or save them in your favorite note taking or page saving app like One Note, Evernote and Instapaper.
Tap on the sharing icon at the end of an article to open the Share menu and choose where you want to share the article. Add your note to it and tap Share.
- Save stories you want to keep and organize them into categories with labels for quick and easy access.
To mark a story, tap on the bookmark icon at the end of the story. Your marked stories are always available to you to read or share, even if they are no longer publicly available on the system.
Add the article to the categories/labels you’ve previously set up by tapping on one or more check boxes or create a new label for it.
The Publication Hub: Carousels, categories and customization
Finding your favorite publications and discovering new ones has never been easier.
We’ve organized our 6,000+ publications into an engaging interface that allows you to quickly search, discover and tailor how content is presented to you.
Find and access the publications you love to read in an instant
- Tap on Publications in the main navigation menu to see PressReader’s titles carousel showcasing local, featured and favorite newspapers and magazines.
- Search for publications by country, language or publication type.
- Scroll down the screen a bit further to see all your favorite titles (My Publications), top free newspapers, top free magazines and your most recently read issues. Whether you’re into food, sports, lifestyle, technology, or all other types of magazines, you’ll be sure to find one or more titles that will engage and entertain you.
- Discover magazines that match your personal interests by browsing categories. Once you’ve found the publication you want to download, just tap on it and discover the options available to you.
- View the latest issue and available back issues.
- Download the issue you want now (with or without supplements).
- Add the title to My Publications (i.e. Your favorites).
- Tell PressReader to automatically download new issues as soon as they are published. Instantly access all of your downloaded issues by tapping downloaded in the Main Navigation menu.
- See the full list of your downloaded titles, including NEW issues you haven’t read yet, on the Downloaded screen.
- Green dots indicate unread issues, as does the “New” badge on covers.
- Tap the three dots at the top right of the screen to select “List” view to see the number of pages and size in megabytes for each issue.
- Tap the issue to read it now, or have it read to you using the speaker icon.
Preferences: Personalize PressReader just for you
Everyone reads news a little bit differently, which is why we’ve created these special features that allow you to tailor PressReader to suit your personal reading preferences.
In Settings, choose the options that deliver news your way
- Want to see your personalized home feed with an endless stream of top news stories when you launch the app? No problem. You can set the app to show home on launch in settings.
- Blue highlights indicate links and are used to open stories in text view for easy reading. If you want the most authentic replica newspaper and magazine experience, you can turn the highlights off in settings.
- Some readers prefer to see the top and bottom navigation menus while reading. If you’re one of them, you can disable full screen in settings.
Build your own publication from sources you love
- Personalize your home feed with news from specific locations, sections of your favorite publications or topics.
- Tap the + in the text view of a publication’s Table of Contents to add the section to your home feed.
- Choose to display Featured Sections.
- Read news on topics you set that interest you.
These tips will help you discover new ways to enjoy PressReader. If you have suggestions on features you’d like to see added, send us feedback by tapping on the Settings menu.