Welcome to PressReader! You're going to love the convenience of accessing all your favorite publications in one place, along with the opportunity to discover new content from around the globe. Let’s walk through in six simple steps how to navigate PressReader’s many powerful features.
When you first open PressReader.com in your browser, you’ll be presented with the Home Feed of top stories automatically populated from the latest publications in your location.
This unlimited newsfeed is easy to browse; simply scroll right across the screen and new articles will appear in an easy-to-read horizontal stream called SmartFlow.
Find an article that catches your eye? Just click on the article title or the little green arrow at the bottom of the article to reveal the full story.
Find news from newspapers and magazines that you already love and discover new publications with the cross-title Search feature. Looking for stories on a particular topic? Scroll to the bottom of this list to open Advanced Search.
You can use Advanced Search to search across specific titles available on PressReader from a set day or time frame. You can also filter your search results by language, date, where the keywords were located and by author.
3. Sign Up
Free, one-step registration means that signing up for PressReader is as easy as it is affordable. All you need to provide is your email address, password, and name.
You can also sign up using your favorite social network account.
Free registration allows you to take advantage of a much richer selection of features that will further enhance your reading experience. As a registered user you can:
- Customize your Home Feed to be as unique as your reading interests by:
- Following: Updates from people that interest you
- Opinions: Discussions on things you care about
- Topics that interest you, such as politics, technology, sustainability or fitness.
- Country: Choose from over 100 different countries around the globe.
- Sections from specific publications: Increase the quality and relevance of your news feed with your favorite Sports, Business, Technology or Entertainment news.
- Readers’ Choice: A great way to discover interesting news you might not otherwise see.
- Set up Email Alerts when new articles are published that relate to a topic of interest.
- View Similar Articles to get a new perspective on the same topic
5. Share, Discuss, and Save
Reading the news is much more rewarding when you can share it with friends, discuss with others and save it for future reference. Free registration enables you to:
- Share articles with friends, family, colleagues and your legion of adoring social media followers.
- Copy stories into your Evernote, OneNote, or Instapaper accounts with just one click.
- Print articles in hardcopy or save them as PDFs.
- Vote on viewpoints being presented in an article by supporting or opposing them.
- Comment on articles and view the comments and profiles of others who also had something to say. Through their profiles you will discover other articles they have saved which may be of interest to you as well.
- Add your Opinion to your comments to connect you with like-minded people. Together you can share your viewpoint throughout multiple articles to gain support or spark debate with other readers.
- Save to Collection — Mark articles for future reference and organize them into Collections. One of the benefits of saves stories is that they are always accessible to you even when the publication from which they originated is no longer available.
As a Personal Monthly Subscriber you not only enjoy all the features described above, you can also:
- Download any publication to your iOS, Android, Windows 8 or BlackBerry tablet or smartphone using device-optimized PressReader Apps, available on all the popular app stores.
- Choose between PressReader’s familiar SmartFlow viewing stream or Page View mode to view articles and entire issues exactly as they appear in print. Flipping between each viewing mode is done with one click on the icons at the bottom left of the screen.
PressReader apps provide full-content publications and all the features you’ve come to enjoy on PressReader.com, plus a few more you’ll be delighted to discover.
This quick start guide is intended to get you up and reading quickly and connecting with other PressReader users through news. For more in-depth descriptions of PressReader.com’s features, we invite you to continue reading our "Tips & Tricks".